In addition to the performance of the drivers themselves, pit stops play a particularly important role in the outcome of a race. Opening up multiple options for race strategists, changing all four tyres in two seconds can provide a crucial advantage.
Pit crews typically consist of 20 mechanics with unique responsibilities during stops. Of the three mechanics that tend to each tyre, one operates the wheel gun, another one takes off the old tyre just before a third puts on the new one. Precision and timing is enormously important to work in harmony and make every tenth of a second count.
A supreme discipline
The pit stop
After registration for the Private Lounge, you have exclusive access to the most beautiful images the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport family has to offer. Whether for desktop, tablet or mobile, everyone will find the perfect wallpaper here.
AMG Private Lounge
More exclusive benefits
- Exclusive spy shots of new models
- Insights from behind the scenes at AMG
- Premium benefits with our cooperation partners
- Exchange of ideas in the AMG Private Lounge forum
- Access to exciting event series
- Participation in regular draws