The Safety Car has proudly been provided by the Mercedes-AMG family since 1996. In 2021, the Mercedes-AMG Official F1 Safety Car shared its deployments across the calendar with a FIA Safety Car from Aston Martin for the first time.
Two Safety Cars and two Medical Cars are on site at every race to cover a potential malfunction on or off the track. A total of three Safety Cars are in existence, one of which is maintained at Affalterbach at all times. For 25 years, Bernd Mayländer has been in the cockpit of the FIA Safety Car and is, thus, the most experienced driver in F1.
Safety and medical car
After registration for the Private Lounge, you have exclusive access to the most beautiful images the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport family has to offer. Whether for desktop, tablet or mobile, everyone will find the perfect wallpaper here.
AMG Private Lounge
More exclusive benefits
- Exclusive spy shots of new models
- Insights from behind the scenes at AMG
- Premium benefits with our cooperation partners
- Exchange of ideas in the AMG Private Lounge forum
- Access to exciting event series
- Participation in regular draws