The one and only
Built to become a legend: the Mercedes-AMG ONE. The most extraordinary, contemporary, road-legal racing car to emerge from Affalterbach. Inspired by Formula 1, peppered with superlatives, made for the road.
Overtaking the future
An experience at the limit
Incredible performance, brought directly to the road. The Mercedes-AMG ONE is sports driving in its purest form. With an acceleration of 0-200 km/h in 7.0 seconds or 0-300 km/h in 15.6 seconds, this hypercar sets the direction: the electronically regulated maximum speed of 352 km/h. Breathtaking figures that are made even more powerful thanks to driver programmes for the racetrack drawn from Formula 1. In the Strat 2 programme, the active aerodynamics, the tighter chassis tuning, the lowering of the vehicle and the full performance of all its motors all operate just as in the Formula 1 qualifying. There’s never been anything like it. But now it will always be there.
Performance from another planet
The dream of bringing Formula 1 technology directly to the road has come true. With this premium-class E PERFORMANCE pug-in hybrid, a 1.6-litre V6 turbo petrol engine and four electric motors for the turbocharger, crankshaft and front axle act together to deliver an impressive 1063 hp system performance. Combined with the powerful, directly cooled 800-volt battery developed exclusively by High Performance Powertrains, the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 engine builder, the foundation is laid for exceptionally agile, high-precision, intensive driving at the limit. On the track. And the road.
Chassis and gearbox
Performance drawn from power
From unbridled power come formidable driving experiences – thanks to the super-strong, lightweight Formula 1 carbon monocoque construction in which the powerful engine and exceptional gearbox are directly integrated and that provides the exact basis for the chassis. The newly-developed, automated 7-speed manual transmission with its 4-disc carbon racing clutch is perfectly matched to this high-performance Formula 1 hybrid – and can perfectly translate the maximum speed of the combustion engine of 11,000 rpm in order to always draw maximum power. Additionally, the sporty, innovative multi-link aluminium chassis with transverse push-rod suspension struts highlights the no-compromise design of the ONE. The arrangement of this unit makes an anti-roll bar obsolete and effectively reduces rolling movements, even during very fast changes of direction. A unique composition of technology that enables whatever the race track and the street allow.
How did the impossible become possible?
Find out more about the journey, the challenges and details of the development of the AMG ONE: Adam Allsopp, Project ONE Powertrain Director at Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains, share exciting insights into the AMG ONE with Private Lounge members.
An experience like on the home straights at Silverstone or in the hairpin by the Grand Hotel in Monte Carlo – the unique sound of the Mercedes-AMG ONE delivers a true race feeling. Wherever this hypercar is actually showing its prowess, one can already hear beforehand that true Formula 1 technology is approaching. Goosebumps guaranteed. For driver, pedestrians and fans.
352 km/h (capped) | 2.9s 0-100 km/h | 782/1063 kW/hp
- Number of cylinders/arrangement
- Displacement (cc)
- Max. system output (kW/hp)
- Max system torque (Nm)
- Specification not possible due to complex drive train
- Max. output, combustion engine (kW/hp)
- 422/574 at 9000 rpm
- Max. speed, combustion engine (rpm)
- Mixture formation ()
- Microprocessor-controlled petrol injection, combination of direct and intake manifold injection
- Combined output, electric motors (kW/hp)
- Power transmission
- Drive system
- AMG Performance 4MATIC+ fully variable all-wheel drive with hybrid-driven rear axle, electrically driven front axle and torque vectoring
- 7-speed automated manual gearbox
- Gear ratios
- 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th gear
- 12.803 / 9.267 / 7.058 / 5.581 / 4.562 / 3.878 / 3.435
- Front axle
- Five-link aluminium coil-over suspension with two transverse adjustable push-rod spring struts and adaptive damping adjustment
- Rear axle
- Five-link aluminium coil-over suspension with two transverse adjustable push-rod spring struts and adaptive damping adjustment Aerodynamically shaped lower links
- Brake system
- Hydraulic AMG carbon-fibre ceramic high-performance composite brake system, front 398 x 38 mm composite brake discs, internally ventilated and perforated, 6-piston aluminium fixed callipers; rear 380 x 34 mm composite brake discs, internally ventilated and perforated, 4-piston aluminium fixed callipers; electric parking brake, ABS, Brake Assist, 3-stage ESP®
- not specified
- front: 10 J x 19 H2; rear: 12 J x 20 H2
- front: 285/35 ZR 19; rear: 335/30 ZR 20
- Dimensions and weights
- Wheelbase (mm)
- Front/rear track (mm)
- Length/height/width (mm)
- Turning circle (m)
- not specified
- Boot capacity (l)
- not specified
- Kerb weight according to DIN (kg)
- Payload (kg)
- not specified
- Tank capacity (l)
- Performance, consumption, emissions
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s)
- Acceleration 0-200 km/h (s)
- Acceleration 0-300 km/h (s)
- Top speed (km/h)
- Fuel consumption, weighted, comb.[1,6] (l/100 km)
- CO2 emissions, weighted, comb.[1,6] (g/km)
- Electrical consumption, weighted, comb.[1,6] (kWh)
- Electrical range[1,6] (km)
Linear for performance
Optimised down to the last detail
Journeys with speeds over 300 km/h, extreme acceleration out of curves, and always perfect road holding. Only if you understand the limits of physics can you master them. The best demonstration of this is the spectacular aerodynamics of the ONE that seeks a unique balance between maximum drive and actively optimised aerodynamics for greater contact pressure. To achieve this, moveable slats were developed for the front wheelhouses, along with a two-part extendable rear wing and active flaps on the front diffuser, which can be adjusted to suit the driver’s wishes and chosen driving programme for optimal racing conditions.
The iconic longitudinal fin, the aerodynamically optimised 10-spoke wheel in forged aluminium and the NACA openings for cooling channels are also real boosters on the way towards the best possible performance in high-speed trips.
A formidable performance
Not only in its performance but also in its lines, the Formula 1 provenance of the ONE can be clearly seen. The air inlet on the roof that transitions elegantly into the vertical shark fin, the exhaust tailpipe with its large round outlet and two other, smaller openings and the unique lacquering all come direct from the premium class. But this is not an end in itself; each nuance of the muscular look of the ONE forms a part of the overall idea: to optimise the overall performance of the vehicle. For maximum driving pleasure with maximum performance.
Reduced to the maximum
When drivers become pilots
Performance sets the tone even in the interior. Here is everything that the driver and his passenger need in order to enjoy the fascination of the ONE in total – and nothing that could distract them.
The AMG Motorsport bucket seats, integrated into the carbon monocoque, offer optimal support, the Formula 1-style steering wheel with knobs for driving programmes give perfect handling and the displays for the correct overview – so that every curve can be taken perfectly.
Circuit Paul Ricard
Configurations of the Mercedes-AMG ONE
Click and drag